Duration: Three (3) days
To take advantage of the fast evolving drone or Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) technology and apply them to solve your industry challenges requires a solid understanding of the technology, theory, laws and regulations, as well as piloting skills are necessary.
This course will provide all the training, exam and flight reviews to complete the Pilot Certificate – Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft (VLOS) – Advanced Operations.
It will cover all the important aspects of what is needed to operate a RPAS lawfully and provide you with all the necessary tools to make you a knowledgeable safe and confident pilot.
This training course is designed for today’s commercial and industrial operators and our standards exceed Transport Canada’s defined Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems 250 g up to and including 25 kg, Operating within Visual Line-of-Sight (TP 15263) which will prepare you for the Transport Canada exam.
We will introduce you to real flight scenarios from industrial applications, such as filmmaking, search and rescue as well as inspections. Critical pilot skills covered include: flight planning, standard operating procedures, risk and crisis management, equipment maintenance and repairs.
In-Class: 2 days
You will write the exam in class at the end of the in-class session.
You will receive training on the subjects required to pass the Advanced Operations Exam.
- Training on the current and new regulations
- Transport Canada’s Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- How to prepare for the Flight Review
Field training & Flight Review: one (1) day
This portion will cover hands-on how to plan flights, fly proficiently and to conduct an operation.
At the end of the training, the FLIGHT REVIEW required for Pilot Certificate – Advanced operations will be done for those who have passed the online exam.
- Flight Planning & Site Survey
- NAV Canada Operation Permission in Controlled Airspace
- Checking NOTAMs
- Verifying weather
- Pre-Flight Checklist
- Drone flying/piloting skills
- Intelligent, automatic and autonomous flights
- Payload/Camera Operation
- Flight logging
- Proper equipment handling
- Taught by our flight instructors in a professional environment.
FLIGHT REVIEW OVERVIEW:
- Pre-flight Planning Procedures
- Emergency Procedures
- Procedures: Take-off / Manual Flight / Lost Link / Fly-away / Landing
- Operation specific competency
Recommended Prerequisite: Pass the Transport Canada RPAS Pilot Cetificate Advanced Operations Exam
Bring your own drone or you can learn rent our fleet of drones.