Operation training & Flight Review: one (1) day
Duration: Three (1) days
To apply for the Advanced Operations Pilot Certificate for drones in Canada, the pilot candidate must candidate must have passed the Advanced Exam and then successfully complete a Flight Review administered by a Transport Canada certified Flight Reviewer.
This course will provide the training and preparation for the Flight Reviews to complete the Pilot Certificate – Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft (VLOS) – Advanced Operations.
We will cover hands-on how to plan flights, fly proficiently and to conduct an operation.
For the FLIGHT REVIEW required for Pilot Certificate – Advanced operations; the following are needed.
- Flight Planning & Site Survey
- NAV Canada Operation Permission in Controlled Airspace
- Checking NOTAMs
- Verifying weather
- Pre-Flight Checklist
- Drone flying/piloting skills
- Intelligent, automatic and autonomous flights
- Payload/Camera Operation
- Flight logging
- Proper equipment handling
- Taught by our flight instructors in a professional environment.
FLIGHT REVIEW OVERVIEW:
- Pre-flight Planning Procedures
- Emergency Procedures
- Procedures: Take-off / Manual Flight / Lost Link / Fly-away / Landing
- Operation specific competency
Recommended Prerequisite: Pass the Transport Canada RPAS Pilot Cetificate Advanced Operations Exam
Bring your own drone or you can learn rent our fleet of drones.